Sunday, April 3, 2011

2 Chronicles 7

Our speaker during Family Bible Hour was Mr Steve Modrzejewski. His message was based on 2 Chronicles 7:13-14 --

If I shut up heaven that there be no rain, or if I command the locusts to devour the land, or if I send pestilence among my people;
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
Mr Modrzejewski desire is that we, as God's people, would weave the Word of God and the ways of God into the fabric of our lives.  The result would be a people who truly love God and are wholly pleasing to Him.  Here is a quick summary of what the above passage reveals:


  • It's a calling from God that is only possible through the way of salvation that is in Christ alone
  • We must  clothe ourselves in humility because God resists the proud, and gives grace to the humble
  • We are to be a people devoted to prayer
  • Seeking God's face is a priority. Living in an attitude of repentance is a must

Mr Modrzejewski's message, in full and in context, is available on DVD. Please see Romy.

No comments:

Post a Comment