His message was based on Micah 6:8 --
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God...What does it mean to "...walk humbly with thy God"? For our example in the Old Testament, let's take a look at Moses in Numbers 12:3 --
Now the man Moses was very meek, above all the men which were upon the face of the earth.
Moses' life can be divided into 3 parts:
1. 40 years in Pharaoh's palace (look at me, how good I am)
2. 40 years in the backside of the desert (look at me, how desolate I am)
3. 40 yeas making History (don't look at me, look at God)
Moses' encounter with God began with his encounter with the burning bush (Exodus 3). Here are two principles we can learn from that encounter:
1. On fire with God, not for God. Humbleness is God living in us . As Jesus says in John 15, He is the vine, we are the branches.
2. God wants our availability, not our ability. We need to be empty of ourselves, but filled to overflowing with God. Looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith (Hebrews 12:2) Note that when Peter was miraculously taken out of prison (Acts 12), his role was to simply get up, get dressed, and walk. God did the rest (the impossible portion).
Mr Botton's full message is available on DVD.
Please see Romy for availability.