Sunday, September 27, 2009

Our Speaker today was Mr Ken Botton.  Mr Botton has three main ministries:  Part-time Professor at Trinity International University; Manager of the  Military Chaplaincy Program for the Brethren Assemblies; and Associate Chaplain at O'Hare Airport. He's shown here with his wife, Patty.  Welcome to Park Manor Bible Chapel, Mr and Mrs Botton!


 Mr Botton's text was Micah 6: 1-8

Hear ye now what the Lord saith...for the Lord hath a controversy with his people, and he will plead with Israel...O my people, what have I done unto  thee?  and wherein have I wearied thee?  testify against me...wherewith shall I come before the Lord, and bow myself before the high God?  shall I come before him with burnt offerings, with calves of a year old?  Will the Lord be pleased with thousands of rams, or with ten thousands of rivers of oil?  shall I give my firsborn for my transgression, the fruit of my body for the sin of my soul?  He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?
Our study was on the word "mercy", the fraternal twin to the word "justice".  Mercy is usually the fruit of trouble and crisis in one's life.  Because of  trouble/crisis, we learn empathy.  We must also learn to stay connected and pre-occupy ourselves with the Lord Jesus Christ. Pray for wisdom on how to deal with the problem.   Do not despise trouble, for it's God working in our lives to draw us to Jesus and be more like Him. 
A DVD of the full message is available on the table in the foyer.

Mr Botton's ministry at Chicago's two major airports (O'Hare and Midway) is called Skyword Ministries, PO Box 68, Deerfield, IL  60015-0068.  The Christian Protestant Services schedule is as follows:

Midway Airport Chapel:  Concourse C -Mezzanine Level.  Sundays, 10:00 am & 12:00 noon

O'Hare Airport Chapel: Terminal 2 - Mezzanine Level. Sundays 10:00 am & 12:00 noon

No comments:

Post a Comment